If you have a Sonos speaker, you can now listen to YouTube music through it. That is, if you subscribe to YouTube Premium or YouTube Music Premium. This gives the fans of the Sonos speakers another music streaming service to consider using.
What Is YouTube Music Anyway?
As music streaming services, YouTube Music is the new kid in the crowded block. In May 2018, Google launched YouTube Music and YouTube Premium. The first offers YouTube-centric music streaming, and the latter replaces YouTube Red.
What sets YouTube music apart from the competition is the responsibility of music videos. However, a YouTube Music Premium purchases access to a single audio mode (as well as listening and downloads without advertising). Putting it a little on par with Spotify and Apple Music.
Using YouTube music on the Sonos speaker
Now, as detailed in the Official YouTube Blog, YouTube Music is available for Sonos speakers. Essentially, this means that anyone with a subscription to YouTube Music Premium or YouTube Premium can now listen to YouTube Music through their Sonos speaker.
Today, @youtubemusic Premium is available to stream on Sonos, which makes it easier to listen to your favorite playlists anywhere in your home. The new music streaming application. Made by @YouTube . pic.twitter.com/zMcAMkVLdW
– Sonos (@Sonos) January 30, 2019
The YouTube Music features available through the Sonos application include:
- Recommended ] that presents "Listening suggestions based on your favorites".
- New releases composed of "the freshest music specifically designed for your tastes".
- YouTube Graphics which is "the best way to see what's hot" in music right now. "
- Your Mixtape containing" your favorite and new songs that we believe you you will love it. "
- Library containing" your playlists, albums and saved songs. " YouTube Music is available on Sonos in all countries where YouTube Music and YouTube Premium are available. follow the instructions on this page to set up YouTube Music in the Sonos app, everyone else can subscribe to a free 30-day trial.
Helping YouTube Music Compete
YouTube Music can not compete with Spotify and Apple Music in As for the number of subscribers, however, with the power of Google behind it, plus the focus on the videos, we would not bet against it to get a sizable portion of the market.
As for Sonos, we are big fans of the speakers, with our Sonos One Reviewsuggesting that this is "the only intelligent speaker who governs them all". Which, with the brilliant speakers of Amazon Echo and Google Home also available to buy, is a great compliment.
Explore more about: Smart Speaker, Sonos, Streaming Music, YouTube Music.