If you receive the error message "Your computer has low memory," it means that some process is using more memory and other programs are facing a lack of memory.
If you do not solve this problem, your computer may freeze or an application may crash and generate an error.
Obtaining this error related to memory does not mean that you must add more RAM to your computer. Many times the error occurs due to a memory leak. It is also possible that some program on your computer is causing the problem.
Sometimes, the low memory error message may also ask the user to close a certain application that uses too much memory. If you do not follow the instructions, your computer may fail.
Here are some solutions that can solve the error "Your computer has a low memory".
You can start with the first solution, and if it does not work, go to the next solution and so on. Let's see the solutions.
Solution one: discover the program that uses more memory and eliminate its process
You must find the application that stores more memory and finish its process. You can find the faulty program in the Task Manager. Here are the steps to follow.
- On the keyboard, press the Shift and Ctrl keys at the same time and continue pressing them and then press the Esc key to open the Task Manager window
- In the Task Manager window, go to the Processes tab  task manager ” width=”485″ height=”342″ class=”alignnone size-full wp-image-11545″ data-lazy-srcset=”https://fdmania.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/your-computer-is-low-on-memory-fixed.jpg 485w, https://www.drivers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/low-memory-task-manager-300×212.jpg 300w” data-lazy-sizes=”(max-width: 485px) 100vw, 485px”/>
- In our case, the process that appears at the top is using more memory and the process belongs to the Firefox application. In your case, it can be any other application / process.
- Right click on the process and select End Task
- Close the Task Manager window
Check if you are getting the error "Your computer has low memory" message. If you still receive the error and see that the same application / process is hoarding more memory, update the application and see if it solves the problem. If this solution has not worked for you, go to the next solution.
Solution two: Increase the size of the paging file (virtual memory)
Your Windows computer uses two types of memory: Physical Memory and Virtual Memory which is also known as a paging file. Virtual memory has an important purpose. Windows uses it to store modified pages that are accessed infrequently so they can be removed from physical memory. The result is that the computer can free memory for other programs.
The size of the paging file is set during the Windows installation and the recommended size depends on the Windows system architecture (32 bits or 64 bits) and the amount of RAM installed on your computer. You can increase the size of the paging file to improve Windows performance. Here are the steps to follow.
- On the keyboard, press and hold the Windows logo key and X together to invoke the quick access black menu
- On the quick access menu, click System
- In the system window, look for the advanced system configuration in the left column and click
- In Performance, click Settings
- In the Performance Options window, go to the Advanced tab
- In Virtual Memory, click the Change button
- Unselect the box – Automatically manage the size of the page file for all drives
- Click Custom Size
- Set the initial size and maximum size the correct way. Follow the instructions below when deciding the values for Initial size and Maximum size.
Note: Enter any value greater than the recommended values shown below. A general rule to follow is that the size of the paging file may be greater than 1GB but less than 4GB.
- After entering the values in the Initial Size and Maximum Size boxes, click Set
- Click OK
- Close all windows
Now check if the error message appears " Your computer has little memory. " If the low memory problem still persists, move on to the next solution.
Solution Three: Windows Update
It is always a good habit to install all the recommended Windows updates so that your Windows works without problems. From time to time, Microsoft releases updates to plug in known vulnerabilities and errors.
There is a possibility that this problem is due to an error in the operating system and the installation of updates could help solve the problem once and for all.  These are the steps to follow .
- Click on Start
- Click on Configuration (gear icon)
- Click on Update and Security -> Windows Update
- Click on Check for Updates
- The Windows operating system will now search for the latest updates, download them and install the updates automatically. After installing the Windows updates, restart your PC.
You should be able to solve the problem.
Check if you still receive the error message "Your computer has low memory." If the problem persists, you can consider adding more RAM to your computer to solve the low memory problem.
Source drivers .com