Windows 10 allows you to log in to your PC faster using a simple 4-digit PIN. This feature was originally introduced in Windows 8 and still remains in Windows 10. If you are the only owner of a PC (not shared with others), you can set it if your PIN is not fast enough
IMPORTANT: For obvious security reasons, do not use this feature if you have a shared computer with multiple family accounts. Also, this feature is not set when using Windows 10 laptops in public locations. But if you are alone and in a safe position, you can go faster.
Automatically log in to Windows 10
Method 1: Automatically log on to Windows 10 without a password
Step 1 . Right-click the Start button and select Run from the hidden quick access menu or use the keyboard shortcut Windows Key + R to launch a conversation.
Step 2 . Now type netplwiz and press Enter or press OK.
Step 3 . Then select the user account first and then deselect this option . To use this computer, the user must enter a user name and password . Apply Clicking the button displays automatically in the box.
Step 4 . After entering the password in the dialog, enter it again to confirm the same thing.
It's done! After restarting the system you will still see the login screen, but you do not need to type anything. This process also ignores the lock screen. It is also worth mentioning that you can lock your PC even when you are away from it by pressing the Windows key + L. To re-enter your password, you will need to log in using your password.
This feature is not available if you're not using your Windows 10 computer again, in public places, or while traveling . Do not let anyone access any data for free.
Method 2: Turn on automatic logon using Registry Editor
To turn on automatic logon using Registry Editor, click
- Start and then run 008 . Click on . In the Open box, type Regedt32. type exe and then press Enter.
- Locate the following subkey in the registry.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows NT Current Version Winlogon
Double-click the entry
- DefaultUserName enter the user name, and then click OK . Double-click the entry
- DefaultPassword . Enter the password, then click OK . Note If the value of DefaultPassword does not exist, you must add it. To add a value, follow these steps:
- On the Edit menu, click New and then point to the string value . Enter
- DefaultPassword . Double-click
- Default Password .
- Enter your password in the Edit String dialog box, and then click OK .
Note If you do not specify the DefaultPassword string, Windows automatically disables the AutoAdminLogon feature by changing the value of the AutoAdminLogon key from 1 (true) to 0 (false). On the Edit menu, click New and then point to the string value . Type
- AutoAdminLogon and then press Enter. Double-click
- AutoAdminLogon .
- In the Edit String dialog box, type 1 and then click OK .
- If your computer is joined to a domain DefaultDomain value should be added and the data for that value should be set to the fully qualified domain name (FQDN) of the domain.
- Exit the registry editor. Click
- Start click Exit and enter a reason in the comment . ] Text box.
- Click OK. to turn off the computer.
- Restart your computer. You can now log on automatically.
- To bypass the AutoAdminLogon process and log on as a different user, hold down the Shift key after you log off or after Windows restarts.
- The logon banner value on the server does not work if it is defined by a Group Policy object (GPO) or a local policy. If you change the policy so that it does not affect your computer, the automatic logon feature works as expected.
- Automatic logon does not work when EAS (Exchange Active Sync) password restrictions are enabled. This is by design. This behavior is caused by a change in Windows 8.1 and does not affect Windows 8 or earlier versions. To resolve this issue in Windows 8.1 and later versions, remove the EAS policy from Control Panel.
- Interactive console logon with other users on the server last changed registry entry " DefaultUserName ". The logged on user indicator. AutoAdminLogon uses the DefaultUserName entry to match users and passwords. So it can fail. You can configure the shutdown script to set the correct script DefaultUserName .
- You can easily use this feature by using the automatic logon feature of the Sysinternals tool. It also helps to use the encrypted version of the password.
Tags: Windows 10 Auto Login, Auto Login Window 10, Auto Login Window 10
Windows 10 Auto Login First appear on Free Product Key after posting.