Telegram received a new update today, surpassing the version number at 4.8.10. This is quite substantial, adding several new things like replaceable media, hyperlinks of text in the chat, etc. Without further ado, let's take a look at the change log.
- Mark the chats as Read or Unread from the extended touch menu
- Listen to the voice and video messages in the 2X mode if you are in a hurry
- Choose which data to send when sharing contacts, including multiple numbers phone and other vCard fields
- Replace media when editing messages with multimedia content
- Cancel sending messages before sending them
- Use "create link" in the format menu to make text URLs
- Enhanced UX when browsing the results of Global Search
- Improved Evasion of Censorship
The first in the Telegram blog publication is the ability to replace media and add titles to everything that previously did not have something. This is for the people who send the wrong photos, for example, just look at the gif below. To change things, simply edit the message and select the clip, then the file you wanted to send first.
This example is quite entertaining
Previewing the chats by holding down the profile image in the main list, canceling messages before sending them and adding hyperlinks to the selected text are all limited to the version of Android of this update. I am especially excited about the latter and I know that I will use it frequently.
Wrapping this update, we have the option of which contact vCard data to share (including several phone numbers), 2x playback speed with voice and video messages, mark chats as read or unread from the main menu , and returning to the results of the global search after going back in a chat.
The update must be live for everyone in the Play Store, but you can also take it from APK Mirror if you wish.