- 1 Other Common Printer Errors
- 2 Why does a printer problem occur without a connection?
- 3 Solve the printer problem offline
- 4 Solution 1 – Reinstall the printer driver / software
- 5 Solution 2 – Check the status of the printer
- 6 Solution 3: Restart the print queue printing service  Many Windows users have declared that they were able to resolve the problem of the offline printer simply by restarting their spooling service. The printer needs this particular service to print and sometimes the problem disappears after restarting this service. These are the steps to follow. Press Win + R In the Run box, type msc and then click the OK button or press Enter In the Services window, examine the list of services in the right panel and when you find the service Print Queue you must right-click and then select Restart option Once you have restarted the spool printer service, you should check the "printer" problem offline "persists. However, remember that this solution is not permanent. one. If the problem reoccurs, you must perform the above mentioned steps to restart the spooling service. In case this solution does not work, continue with the following solution. Solution 4 – Add a new port  You can try adding a second printer. This step is known to work in many cases. However, keep in mind that this particular solution only works with networked printers. These are the steps to follow. Press Win + R In the Run box, type the control panel and then press the OK button or Enter in the header Hardware and sound click on Devices and Printers Now locate your printer and click on it and then click on Printer Properties Click on Ports ] Click on the button Add Port On the Printer ports box, click Standard TCP / IP port Now click on the button New port A The Printer Port Wizard window will open in your screen. Here you must click on the button Next Now enter the IP address of your printer. If you do not know the IP address of the printer, you should consult the printer manual. Alternatively, you can visit the official website of your printer manufacturer and verify this information there. You may be able to locate the instructions or set of manuals for the printer model you are using on the manufacturer's official site. The printer's IP address will appear on it. You must find the IP address of the printer, as it differs from one printer to another Enter Port Name . If you enter the IP address of the printer, the system will fill in by itself the name of the Port Allow the Wizard to run Now choose Standard TCP / IP Port Click Press the Next button and then click Finish Solution 5 – Install KB3147458 Update
- 7 Solution 6 – Change the port configuration
- 8 Solution 7: Verify if you are using VPN
The offline printer problem usually occurs after a Win 10 update. When the problem occurs, obviously, you can not print anything.
While this problem may also arise on other occasions, most users of Win 10 have complained of having received the error after upgrading to Win 10.
In some cases, the printer works after restarting , but this happens only once. Then, again, the status of the printer is shown as disconnected.
The problem of the offline printer is not limited to Windows 10. It is also something that worries the users of Win 8 and Win 7.
In this publication, we will see All possible solutions for this irritating problem.
However, first let's start with other problems similar to the problem of the printer without connection. We will also cover them in our publication.
Other Common Printer Errors
- Printer's Offline Error Processor – When you try to use your network printer, you may receive an error processing command. A fairly common problem can be solved by following one of the solutions listed in this post.
- Printer offline Canon, Epson, Ricoh, HP – You can get this error with any type of printer.
- Wireless printer offline – If you have a wireless printer, you may receive this problem.
- Printer without SNMP connection – The SNMP function sometimes causes this particular problem. You can solve the problem by disabling the SNMP function.
- The printer without connection can not ping – So, what happens here is that Windows can not recognize the connected printer. Many Windows users have said that they could not ping the network printer.
- Network printer without VPN connection : this problem usually arises when it comes to a VPN. You may be able to resolve the problem by changing the VPN configuration.
Why does a printer problem occur without a connection?
Windows can not recognize the printer and, as a result, this problem occurs.
Before trying In the solutions listed in the publication, we recommend that you follow these tips.
- You must make sure that your printer is properly connected to your laptop or desktop PC.
- If the printer is connected correctly, turn it off and after a minute or two turn it on. See if the problem is solved.
- You should rule out any problems with the printer. Connect it to another computer and then check if it is working properly. In case the printer does not work when it is connected to another PC, you can safely conclude that the problem is in the printer
- Microsoft has its own printer problem solver. We recommend you try it. Click here to run the printer's troubleshooter.
- Make sure your printer is set as the default printer.
- Perform these steps in the order in which they appear.
- Disable the wireless connection
- Now turn off the printer
- Close Windows
- Turn on the Wi-Fi again. Wait for it to start
- Once your Wi-Fi is up, start the printer
- Start Windows
- Reinstall the printer. To do this, perform the steps listed below.
- Press the Windows key
- Click on Settings
- Click on Devices
- Click on Printers and Scanners
- Select the printer. Now select Remove device. Now follow the instructions on the screen, if any.
- Finally, click on Add a printer or scanner. Follow the on-screen instructions
Solve the printer problem offline
Here are some common solutions for this problem. All these solutions have worked for other Windows users. So you should also try. You do not have to try all the solutions listed below. Start with the first, and continue with the next if the problem persists and so on.
Solution 1 – Reinstall the printer driver / software
In case the problem starts to appear after updating to Win 10, you must first reinstall / update the printer driver.
The problem of the offline printer could be occurring due to incompatible drivers. You can download the latest printer software from the manufacturer's website.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Press Win + R
- In the Run box, type the control panel and then press OK or Enter
- ] Under the heading Hardware and Sound click on Devices and Printers
- Now locate your printer and right click on it and then click on Remove Device ]
- If you are asked to confirm your action, click OK
You should now go to the printer manufacturer's site. Here you will find the newest printer software for the installed printer. Now download this printer software and install it.
Once you have done this, check if the problem has been resolved.
Update printer drivers automatically
An easy way to update printer drivers is by updating the driver tool. We recommend DriverDownloader .
This tool is not only very precise but also fast. It is also easy to use. And the best thing is that you can download, install and run it for free. When you run DriverDownloader you will get a driver report.
To update your printer driver automatically, you must register the software tool. However, this should not be a problem as it comes with a 30-day money back guarantee. You can also contact customer service in case there is a problem if you are a registered user.
Click on the green button to download the software.
Click & # 39; Run & # 39; or & # 39; Save & # 39;
You can see this message in a pop-up window or at the bottom of your screen.
You can go directly to step 3, if you click on & # 39; run & # 39;. On the contrary, if you click save, first go to the folder Downloads and then double-click on driver_downloader.exe file.
Install the software  Simply click the Install button and then follow the instructions that appear on your screen to install DriverDownloader .
Solution 2 – Check the status of the printer
These are the steps to follow.
- Press Win + R
- In the Run box, type the control panel and then click the button OK or press Enter
- In the header Hardware and Sound click on Devices and Printers
- Browse the list of installed printers, click with Right click on your printer and click on See what is printing
Note: If this option does not appear on your screen, you must right click on the printer and click set as default . Once you have done this, perform the last step, as well as the next step in the list.
- Click on Printer in the new window that opens on your screen
- Now select Pause for printing as well as Printer User Offline ] In case there is a brand before any of these options or both, simply delete it by clicking on these options.
Now check if the status of the printer has changed or not.
Source drivers .com