- 1 Execution Windows Execution Troubleshooting Solution
- 2 Solution Two: Updating network drivers
- 3 Method One: Update the network drivers manually
- 4 Method Two: update the network drivers automatically
- 5 Solution Three: Restart the Windows Update Service
- 6 Step one: stop the Windows update service
- 7 Step two: delete two folders
- 8 Solution 4: Install patches
The Windows operating system must be updated automatically (recommended option) and the process should be carried out without problems.
However, the Windows update does not always work as expected and many users have complained that the Windows update does not work.
If you are facing similar problems, this publication is for you.
Here we have analyzed 4 easy-to-follow solutions that could solve the problem.
Execution Windows Execution Troubleshooting Solution
– Windows Update Troubleshooter that can solve several problems related to Windows update. These are the steps to follow.
- Click Start
- In the search box, type troubleshooting
- Select Troubleshooting from the list of results
- In the Troubleshooting window, go to the System and security section
- Click on Fix problems with Windows Update
- In the Windows Update dialog, click on Advanced
- On the next window, click Run as administrator
- Make sure that the Apply repairs automatically box is checked
- Click Next
- The Windows Update troubleshooter will look for problems related to the update and fix them automatically. This process may take longer, so be patient.
Alternatively, you can also download the Windows Update troubleshooter from the Microsoft website and run it on your computer.
After completing the Windows Update Troubleshooter process, verify if the Windows update is working now. If the problem is not solved, move on to the next solution.
Solution Two: Updating network drivers
A lot of problems in Windows are related to the drivers. If the network drivers are damaged, broken or missing, it can cause problems like the Windows update that does not work. There are two ways to update the network drivers: manually and automatically.
Method One: Update the network drivers manually
- Press the Windows logo key and R simultaneously on the keyboard to open the Execute command box
- In the Run command box, type devmgmt.msc and click OK
- In the Device Manager window, go to the Network Adapter and Expand
- category. Right-click on the Ethernet driver and click Properties
- in the window. properties, go to the General tab
- Write down the name of the Ethernet driver, the name of the manufacturer and other details
- Now go to the Driver tab and write down the driver version
- Follow the same procedure for the adapter Wi-Fi or the wireless adapter in the list to get the details of the network adapter
- (Note: Users of laptops that connect to the Internet via Wi-Fi must n download the latest drivers for the wireless adapter)
- Close the Device Manager
- Open the Internet browser
- Go to the network adapter manufacturer website and type the name of the network adapter in the box search
- You will see the list of available downloads for the network adapter. You must be careful when downloading the network drivers. For example, if your computer has the 32-bit Windows operating system installed, you must download and install the 32-bit network drivers. Similarly, if you have a 64-bit operating system, you must download the 62-bit network drivers.
- Once the network drivers are downloaded, double-click the configuration file (.exe) and follow the on-screen instructions to install the network. Drivers If the driver configuration file is in .zip format, unzip the contents of the file into a folder and then double-click on the configuration (.exe file)
- Restart the PC after installing the network drivers
] Check if the Windows update is working. If the problem still does not resolve, go to the next solution
If you think that the manual update method of the drivers is cumbersome, you can choose to update the drivers automatically.
Method Two: update the network drivers automatically
Search for manual update of the driver Tedious or too complicated process?
Well, you're not alone.
For precisely these reasons, many people choose to use a driver update software tool. You must also use one.
We recommend DriverDownloader – because it is fast, reliable and affordable.
Simply click on the green button to download this software and say goodbye.
Solution Three: Restart the Windows Update Service
The Windows Update Service is an important component of the software for downloading and installing the Windows update.
There is a possibility that the Windows update service may not work correctly. and restart the Windows update service can do things right.
The troubleshooting steps for this solution are divided into three steps.
Step one: stop the Windows update service
- Click Start
- Type cmd in the search bar  In the list of results, right click on cmd and click on Run as administrator
- In the command prompt window, type net stop wuauserv and press Enter on the keyboard
- Wait for the execution of the command to complete. After a while, you will see a message that says "The Windows Update service started successfully"
- Close the command prompt window
Check if the Windows update has started. If the problem still does not resolve, continue with the next solution.
Solution 4: Install patches
- If you have omitted some important Windows patches, problems such as the Windows update may not work. A simple solution to this problem is to manually download and install these patches. Here are the steps to follow.
- Click Start and then click Control Panel
- In the Control Panel window, set the option View by – Large icons
- Click Windows Update
- In the next window, click Change settings in the left column
- Go to the important updates section, click the down arrow button to see all the options
- Choose Never check for updates (not recommended) 
- Click OK
- Restart your PC
- After starting the PC, open the browser Internet and go to the Microsoft website
- Download the following updates KB3083710, KB3020369, KB3050265, KB3172605
- Before installing the updates, you must stop the update service. n Windows. See Step One in Solution Three. After stopping the Windows Update service, go to C: Windows and right-click on the Software Distribution folder and select Delete.
- Now, double click on the downloaded update file to install. After installing all the updates, restart your PC.
- You must restart the Windows update service. See Step Three in Solution Three to restart the Windows Update service.
Check if the Windows update is working now. In most cases, the problem of running the Windows update must be resolved with one of the solutions mentioned above.
Source drivers .com