By default, KMS licenses are only valid for 180 days and are renewed every 7 days from the date of activation. But in some cases this process can be interrupted. The following is the cause of this problem:
– The PC is not connected to the Internet or the connection is unstable when the license renewal process is called.
– The connection to the KMS server was denied using a firewall.
– I'm using a different version of Office on my PC. Retail and volume version of the same PC?
– Make sure your PC is always connected and has a strong internet connection.
– Open port 1688 if you are using another firewall.
– Do not use Office retail and volumes on the same Windows.
How to renew your KMS license
Renew your Microsoft Office license
Step 1: Open a command prompt with administrator privileges
Step 2: Copy and run the command below. Note: "Office16" is the code name for Office 2016. If you are using Office 2013/2010, replace with "Office15" and "Office14".
cscript "% ProgramFiles% Microsoft Office Office16 ospp.vbs" / act
If you get an error, try this command:
cscript "% ProgramFiles ( x86)% Microsoft Office Office16 ospp.vbs "/ act