- 1 Why should I create a portfolio online?
- 2 How to create an online wallet
- 3 Introduction to WordPress
- 4 An introduction to Wix
- 5  An online portfolio should be unique, reflect your business and attract your visitors. With this criterion, it is not surprising that the portfolios can differ greatly in style and design. That said, there are some basic pages and content you should have if you want your portfolio to be a success. Let's take a look … Startpage Your home page is an introduction to your business and will impress you. Bold images or videos, a catchy color scheme and direct conversation text will help you immediately connect with your visitors when they arrive on this page. Although you do not want much text on your home page, some welcome you. Navigation on your home page is also key, it is important to point out its important content and encourage your audience to click to access your site. other pages to review your work, testimonials and more. Projects Showing your work is possibly the most important aspect of a portfolio site. Potential clients want to evaluate their skills and experience, see the quality of their work and discover who they have worked with before. This is where you need to make an impact, so do not show all your work, just a selection of the most recent and most striking pieces. When choosing work to include in your portfolio, select projects that Inspire visitors with your creativity and professionalism. Provide context for your work, adding a brief description of each piece, so that your audience has an idea of what each project entailed. And be sure to keep your portfolio site updated, adding new jobs when appropriate. Services Depending on your industry, you may want to add a services page. This is where you present what you offer, so that your potential customers can clearly understand your services and packages. Your services page should be well distributed, with text that goes directly to the point. Visitors must be able to summarize their services within a few seconds of reaching the page. If the services offered are not extensive and do not guarantee your own page, another option is to show your services on your home page. I would also recommend not sharing the prices on the site of your portfolio. Withholding prices allow you to collect email addresses, sell your services when customers contact you, and even adjust your prices according to work. Testimonials Most potential clients will want to see who they have worked for Because of the above, and what they thought of their services. Providing a series of testimonials from satisfied customers is an effective way to demonstrate your value. Collect short quotes from reputable clients, along with photos, if possible, to give your testimonials a personal touch. Again, if you do not have enough testimonials to justify your own page, add them to your home page. About Page Your Abo This page is also important as it will help you build relationships with future clients. Share your work experience, values and ethics, qualifications and some personal information. Make sure your biography is read well, sounds human and even contains a bit of humor. This will help you fall in love with your audience. Contact page Another crucial page of your website, the c The contact page is where visitors to your site can connect with you. Your contact page should include some or all of the following … Contact form – Display an easy-to-use contact form so potential customers can contact you immediately without even leaving your site . Email Address – Adding your email address to your contact page is another great way to encourage your audience to get in touch with you. It is preferable to use a professional email address. Physical address – If you have a brick and mortar store and it is relevant for your customers and customers, enter your address on your contact page. Telephone number – If you are happy that people are communicating with you by phone, please provide their number. Opening hours – if you run a store or store, adding opening hours to your contact page is a must.  Google Maps – Once again, if you have physical facilities, you should consider adding a map of your location to help people find it easily. The design of your contact page is very important. Make sure it is clean and tidy, so that visitors do not get distracted from the work at hand: by contacting us. Blog
- 6 Step one: choose a domain name
- 7 Step Two: Select a hosting provider
- 8 Step Three: Install WordPress
- 9 Step four: Find the correct WordPress theme
- 10 Divi
- 11 Breakthrough Pro
- 12 Skylab Portfolio Theme
- 13 Fifth step: Personal ice your portfolio site
- 14 Additional WordPress add-ons for your portfolio site
- 15 Design a portfolio website with Wix
- 16 Step One: Register in Wix
- 17 Step two: select a portfolio template
- 18 Step Three: Customize Your Site within the Wix Editor
- 19 Step Four: Choose a Domain, Wix Package, and Publish Your Site
- 20 Other Solutions for Creating a Successful Online Portfolio
- 21 Final Thoughts on How to Make an Online Portfolio
Creating a portfolio website to showcase your work and provide you with a valuable online presence is an effective way to promote your services and reach potential clients. If you are a designer, photographer or other type of creativity, you need a website that reflects the quality of your work and impresses your audience. So, how do you make an online wallet site?
In this article, we will look closely at how to make a portfolio online. We will consider the features that a site needs successfully, and we will discuss step by step how to create a portfolio site with WordPress and Wix. At the end of the reading, you will have a clear understanding of how to create your own portfolio online. Let's start …
Why should I create a portfolio online?
Creating an online wallet is an effective way to show your business and your work to the fullest. An online portfolio can promote your business and skills, explain to potential clients and customers what you are doing, and help establish your brand as professional, reliable and reliable.
If done well, creating a portfolio online will also help you reach new customers. Generate leads and get exposure for your business. Remember, an online wallet is available to customers 24/7. Then, when you decide to connect with your business, day or night, your online portfolio is ready to help market your services.
How to create an online wallet
There is a wide variety of tools and software that will allow you to easily create an impressive online wallet. In this guide, we will focus on two main platforms that you can use to create your own portfolio site: WordPress.org and Wix. We have chosen these solutions because they are extremely easy to use, and we will make sure that you can quickly and easily design an impressive online portfolio site that relates to your audience.
Introduction to WordPress
WordPress.org is a free open source software that will allow you to create an online portfolio site that suits your exact requirements. The WordPress community spans the globe, with companies, designers and developers offering a range of free and premium quality products and support.
These are some of the key benefits of WordPress …
- Free software
- Easy to use
- Total ownership of your website
- Thousands of free themes, add-ons, products and services top quality
- Unlimited customization options (if you want to code your own website, use a live drag-and-drop page generator, or modify your site using the theme options panel, you can customize any and all elements of your website.
To be clear, when we discuss WordPress in this article, we refer to WordPress.org, not WordPress For more information on the differences between these two solutions, see our article WordPress.org vs WordPress. com – Which one is right for you?
An introduction to Wix
Wix is an all-in-one website creator that provides an experience funny and creative design. Starting with Wix is very easy. With one of the many Wix templates and the intuitive Wix Editor, you can quickly create an attractive and highly optimized portfolio site.
These are some of the main features of Wix …
- Completely hosted solution
- 500+ Templates
- Create a website with Wix ADI or within the Wix editor
- 24/7 support
- Free and premium Wix packages
Obviously, both WordPress and Wix have a lot to offer anyone who wants to do a line portfolio site. For more information on these two solutions and to help you choose the right tool for you, see our article Wix vs WordPress.
So now you know a little about WordPress and Wix. But before analyzing in depth how to use these solutions to create an online portfolio site, first consider what pages, content and design elements your online portfolio should include, and how the final product should look …
Creating an online portfolio with WordPress is a quick and easy process, which will result in an elegant, professional and easy-to-use website. There are a number of steps and decisions that should be taken when creating a website with WordPress, so now we will analyze each stage of the process, including a variety of hosting plans, WordPress themes and add-ons that you can choose to secure your connection in line. the portfolio is prosperous.
Step one: choose a domain name
Your new portfolio site will need a domain name that reflects your business. Domains can be registered in NameCheap or through other domain registrars and web servers, and will cost around $ 12 + per year.
If possible, use your company name or a name or phrase that is relevant to your brand. or niche in some way. Try and choose a name that is memorable, so that it stays in the minds of your visitors and comes to mind when they want to revisit your site. For anyone who has difficulty finding a name, using a domain name generator can help.
Step Two: Select a hosting provider
Selecting the right hosting provider for your portfolio website is an important task. With hosting, the golden rule is that you get what you pay for. So not only choose the cheapest accommodation package you can find.
An effective hosting provider will ensure that your site has fast loading times, minimal downtime, and optimal performance levels, even when the number of visitors is high. Here are some good hosting options for you to consider …
- Bluehost: an excellent web hosting provider with high levels of uptime and fast loading times, Bluehost is an excellent choice for small wallet sites. The hosting packages include a free domain and an SSL certificate, as well as a WordPress installation with a single click. Prices start at only $ 2.95 per month.
- HostGator: by offering a range of hosting packages, as well as an effective and specific hosting for WordPress, HostGator is another excellent option for anyone who creates an online wallet site with WordPress. WordPress cloud hosting plans include SSL, 1 GB of backups, advanced security and more. These plans start at only $ 3 per month.
- SiteGround: Well known for its excellent customer support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, SiteGround is perfect for those who are not sure of having a self-hosted website. Offering fast and secure hosting, other features include free SSL, email, Cloudflare CDN, daily backups and much more. Prices start at $ 3.95 per month.
Although these are three of the best hosting providers, there is a wide variety of services and hosting packages that meet any need. For more information on hosting your WordPress website, check out these reviews of the best WordPress web hosts.
Step Three: Install WordPress
Once you have selected and paid for your hosting package, the next step in the process is to install WordPress. . There are several ways to do it, but the quickest and easiest way is to let your hosting provider take care of it.
If you have chosen a reputable host with experience in WordPress, you will be offered a WordPress installation with a single click. Or even provide WordPress pre-installed. This really is as simple as it sounds. Or, allow your hosting provider to install WordPress with a single click, or you'll see that WordPress has already been installed on your website.
If you prefer, you can also install WordPress manually, as we have written in our article How to Install WordPress.
Step four: Find the correct WordPress theme
Now you have reached the difficult step: find the WordPress theme suitable for your project. Fortunately, the difficulty lies in making a decision among the numerous and surprising high-quality portfolio themes that are available, so it's not a big problem!
There is a wide selection of free and premium WordPress portfolio themes to choose from. However, if you want your site to look really professional and contain the functions necessary to connect with your audience, then you should consider opting for a premium theme.
Themeforest is a theme store that offers a variety of beautiful WordPress themes. However, there are also many theme developers who sell their tracks independently, including StudioPress, Elegant Themes, ThemeFuse, WPZoom and many more.
Now let's look at some attractive, high-quality, easy-to-use portfolios. topics that might be right for your business …
Divi, a multipurpose theme from Elegant Themes, comes with a portfolio design package , which allows you to install portfolio pages, layouts and content to help quickly shape your new portfolio site. You can also use the Divi builder to customize your website according to your exact specifications.
Breakthrough Pro is a beautiful portfolio theme from StudioPress. With a selection of templates and portfolio page designs, as well as an impressive gallery page, this theme is perfect to demonstrate your work, services and creativity.
Skylab Portfolio Theme