As we all know, Facebook is one of the most popular social media. Millions of users use it daily to share information around the world. After every few days, it is updated with new features and changes. One feature they are interested in in this article is event management. By using Events, one can follow, share and participate in different upcoming events, such as concerts, public meetings, seminars, trips, sports and birthday functions, etc.
Although the Events feature is only for active Facebook users, but you can also get alerts and updates without visiting Facebook. Thanks to the Facebook team that has developed a script that can be used to export all events and calendar entries and add it to the native calendar application of the iPhone.
After obtaining all Event tickets on our iPhone, we do not. We need to visit Facebook on our mobile phones or on a desktop computer to receive the latest alerts about upcoming events.
To get Facebook events and birthday calendars on iPhone, here is the complete step-by-step procedure.
the first part is done on your PC. We need to get the link from the Facebook website and add it to any calendar software. In our case, we will use the Apple Calendar application.
The script searches for a compatible application / calendar software on the PC and exports all the entries to it. Later, the entries are updated regularly and synchronized according to the time set in the configuration of the application in question.
How to add calendars and Facebook events on iPhone:
1) First of all, log in to your Facebook account in your PC's browser. (You can manage multiple Facebook accounts in a single browser using this Chrome extension)
2) Click Events in the left sidebar of the main Facebook screen.
3) When the Events page has completely loaded, scroll down and look for this text at the bottom of the right sidebar.
You can add your events to Microsoft Outlook, Google Calendar or Apple Calendar . Once you add them, they will stay updated. More information.
You can get two types of Facebook calendars on your iPhone, iPad or any other Apple device.
- Upcoming events
Click on the appropriate link and wait for a moment until a pop-up window appears in search of your confirmation to start the Calendar application on your computer.
4) Click on "Allow" to start the Calendar software.
5) In the following pop-up window, click on the Subscribe button so that all Facebook entries are automatically combined in your Apple Calendar.
6) The following window will provide some more optics to adjust the controls. In this step, it is very important that we select the location "iCloud" instead of "On my Mac", otherwise, the Facebook calendar will be visible only in the Mac Calendar application. But when we select the "iCloud" option, All events and birthdays are synchronized on all your devices, including iPhone.
7) If you do not see the "iCloud" option in the previous step, go to System Preferences and click on Internet Accounts on your Mac. listed, select iCloud and enter your credentials to activate iCloud on your Mac.
It is also very important that you select the "Calendar" option in iCloud to start synchronization between the devices.
How to Manage Facebook events and calendars on iPhone:
1) To manage Facebook and birthday events on iPhone, open the Calendar app on iPhone.
2) Tap "Calendars" at the bottom of the application and then slide down the screen. The application will update all calendars and recently added Facebook events will also appear in the list.
If you do not see the Facebook calendar on your iPhone, make sure you have activated the Calendars in iCloud. To do this, go to Settings> Press your name> select iCloud> and activate Calendars .
After activating the Calendars in iCloud, repeat the previous two steps and you will see the new calendar in the application.
How to delete the Facebook calendar on iPhone:
We can easily remove the Facebook calendar from the iPhone without using the PC. Open the Native Calendar application, touch "Calendars" at the bottom of the screen, then tap "Information Mark" to the right of the Facebook calendar. In the next screen scroll down and you will see the Delete calendar option.
It should be noted that when we remove the Facebook calendar from the iPhone, it is removed from all devices linked to that particular iCloud account.
We hope this guide helps you set up Facebook events in the iPhone calendars without problems.
PS: If you do not know or do not remember, Facebook also launched a separate application for iPhone Users with the name of "Facebook Events" available in the App Store. For those users who do not wish to merge Facebook events with the iPhone calendar, it is recommended to download that application that allows you to control all events and birthdays in a separate place. You can also add the calendars of other services such as Google and Apple.