Windows Defender is your computer's primary protection system. The disadvantage of Windows Defender is that the program only protects on average, not as professional as third-party software. Perhaps this is the reason why users want to disable this program to increase the security and safety of their computer while installing and using antivirus software. Here's how to turn off Windows Defender:
Method 1: Install third-party antivirus software on your device
Windows Defender is set to detect other devices. Antivirus software is automatically disabled to avoid crashes on your computer. Only Windows Defender Firewall works on computers instead.
If you uninstall your antivirus software, Windows Defender will be reactivated automatically in this way. You are quite convenient. To turn it off permanently, see the next method below.
Method 2: You can temporarily disable   . Windows Defender By Settings
To temporarily disable Windows Defender, follow these steps:
- From the taskbar
- Home tab => Double-click the Windows Defender icon from Viruses and Threats . Protection => Virus and Threat Protection Settings
- Optional Toggles real-time protection status OFF .
Method 3: You can enable Windows Defender Antivirus using Local Group Policy
Local if you are using a different version, such as Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise or Education You can use the Group Policy Editor to completely disable Windows Defender on your computer.
- Press the Windows + R key combination to open the Run Command window.
- Enter gpedit.msc in the Run command window and press Enter or click OK to open the Local Group Policy Editor. window.
- Navigate to the following key in the Local Group Policy Editor window.
Computer Configuration => Administrative Templates => Windows Components s => Windows Defender
- Enable Select to disable Windows Defender.
- Apply => Click OK
you still see the Windows Defender icon in the system tray. To remove this icon, simply restart your computer.
Follow the same steps to reactivate Windows Defender select the Not Configured option in step 5, and then restart your computer for the changes to take effect.