Windows 10 users will see their name appear on the login screen. For many, this is a privacy issue, especially when you regularly use your computer regularly. Unfortunately Windows doesn't allow you to set a username or alias while keeping your real name in your Microsoft account, so you need a different approach.
The method used depends on whether you log in to the computer using a Windows account or a local account.
How to change your user name Windows 10
Method 1: Use Control Panel
If you are using a local account that is not linked to a Microsoft account, you must use the Control Panel
Change your user name to a user account  To update your account name using your user account settings, follow these steps:
- Control panel
- account Change your account type Click the option.
- Select a local account to update your name.
- You Click . Account Name Optional.
- Update your account name to display on the login screen.
- Rename Click the button.
When you complete the steps, log out and log in to the new name.
Method 2: Rename user with netplwiz In addition to
you can also use the other user account settings (netplwiz) available from the Control Panel.
Use the following steps to update your account name.
- started . Search for
- netplwiz and click the top result to open the tool.  Please select an account to update the name. Click the
- Properties button.
- (Optional) Update the "User Name" field to change your account. ount nickname.
- On the login screen, update the "Full Name" field to display a different name. Quick Tip: Leave the "Full Name" field blank to display your nickname instead of your real name. Click the
- Apply button. Click the
- OK button.
- OK button again.
Tag: change username window 10, change user name windows 10
How to change your username Windows 10 first appeared in the free product key.