- 1 Guide to Understanding Augmented Reality (AR) Applications and Examples
- 2 Virtual Reality VS Augmented Reality:
- 3 Types of Augmented Reality
- 4 How does Augmented Reality work?
- 5 Augmented Reality Apps – Pokemon GO!
- 6 Ink Hunter – Application to decide tattoos:
- 7 Language Support in AR – Augmented Reality
- 8 Augmented Reality has many advantages such as:
Guide to Understanding Augmented Reality (AR) Applications and Examples
The Word & # 39; Increase & # 39; means doing something greater when you add it. Augmented Reality (AR) adds graphics, sounds and touch to our existing reality to improve the user experience.
When I think of Augmented Reality, I think of the scene with the AR video game of the film & # 39; Her & # 39; of Spike Jonze, which is the futuristic reality in which I want to live. Video games have been an entertainment channel for humans for decades.
Video game developers have changed the user experience in the last few decades What started as a simple game of Pong, the first video game that has evolved into better graphics (photographic realism), games and general entertainment with technologies such as Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality.
There is not much difference between Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality. It is usually spoken interchangeably. Augmented Reality seems to dilute the lines between reality and computer generated photorealistic images.
Virtual Reality VS Augmented Reality:
Virtual Reality is capable of transposing users with Google virtual reality blocks, etc. Here are some examples of Virtual Reality Gadgets: Oculus Rift Samsung Gear VR Google Cardboard . Augmented Reality is where our current reality is improved by adding graphics, sounds and touch for a better user experience. Here some examples of AR gadgets; CastAR, Laster SeeThru, ORA-S, GlassUP.
While virtual reality is more immersive "Augmented reality applications" leaves control to users with more possibilities. Both VR and AR are gaining popularity, but in this article, we will focus on augmented reality.
AR is a very interesting discussion topic since it is an addition to the existing reality to improve and entertain the user experience. AR is changing the way in which users experience reality.
Augmented Reality is also expected to make notable changes in the video game industry. Applicants must learn Machine Learning to learn about AR, then students must apply for the JEE Main Exam for admission to one of the best engineering colleges .
Types of Augmented Reality
- Augmented Reality based on Marker also known as Image Recognition uses a camera and recognizes a visual marker as QR code to generate a result when the QR code is read.
- These applications are designed to recognize markers that are part of the real world. These markers are easy to read and do not require much technology or power for recognition.
- Augmented Reality without Marks is the most used form of AR. It is also known as a location-based augmented reality or GPS that uses your geographic information to create an augmented reality. This is generally used in smartphones for address mapping, search for nearby establishments and other location-focused mobile applications.
- Augmented Reality based on projection works by projecting an image with light onto real-life surfaces. This type of AR allows human interaction and communication with the change in light. The interaction is recognized by comparing the expected projection and the altered projection. This is also the type of Augmented Reality where a three-dimensional object can be projected into the air with light.
- Augmented Reality Based on Superposition partially or totally changes reality with an augmented object. It is important to recognize the augmented object, otherwise it is difficult to experience augmented reality without knowing the object.
How does Augmented Reality work?
The goal of Augmented Reality Examples is to bring computer-generated images to the reality of the user. AR can be displayed on multiple screens from all screens, such as monitors and handheld devices or glasses. Few of the AR gadgets are Google Glass and other display screens (HUD) that can be put in front of your eyes.
With the growth of reality technologies, the hardware required to implement augmented reality is reduced and can be implemented with a basic piece of technology such as smartphones. The key components for Augmented Reality are:
- Sensors and Cameras: Sensors are required in AR since they need a channel for the signal to be picked up and the sensor acts as this channel. The cameras are also used for the same purpose, but to capture visual cues. These sensors and cameras are usually placed outside the augmented reality device. The AR device takes this information and then formulates a digital object to generate an appropriate object.
- Projection is a process in which a mini projector is often found in portable headphones. This can turn any surface of real life into an interactive surface. The information taken by the cameras and sensors is analyzed processed and a computer graphic is projected onto any surface, such as a palm, wall or another person.
- Processing: All AR devices are mounted with mini-supercomputers packed in a device. These devices work a lot like the modern smartphone. These include CPU, GPU, flash memory, RAM, Bluetooth / WIFI, GPS and more. Advanced AR devices such as Microsoft Hololens with accelerometer.
- Reflections: AR devices are placed with mirrors that are used to reflect the image and create an augmented reality. These mirrors are small curved mirrors and holographic lenses.
Augmented Reality Apps – Pokemon GO!
There are many Augmented Reality applications in the current market. Recently popular application of Augmented Reality is Pokemon Go, which had a large increase in users in July 2017.
With 65 million monthly users, was the biggest trend that took users to the streets to this augmented reality game to capture Pokémon. Similarly, here are some Augmented Reality applications like Ink Hunter, Wallace, Google Translate, Amikasa and Pokemon Go.
Ink Hunter – Application to decide tattoos:
Ink Hunter is a tattoo application that helps you decide where to place your tattoo Tattoos placed using AR are almost as realistic and realistic as a real tattoo without going through the needle. Initially, this application only allowed black and white tattoos, but with the latest updates, it also allows color tattoos.
This application works on the basis of an application of editors working on the creation of a tattoo database. For now, this application is available in iOs but has plans to expand its market to Android and Windows phones.
Google Translate is a regular translation application from Google, but it has an Augmented Reality feature. This AR feature uses the camera to take a picture of strange text.
Language Support in AR – Augmented Reality
The application supports multiple languages that will recognize the language of the text and translate it to your language of understanding. This can be very useful when you travel to a foreign country where they do not speak a language that you understand. This could help to understand the signs, menus and other texts.
Pokemon GO! is at the top of all the Augmented Reality lists, as it has taken over augmented reality games. It's a game that quickly caught everyone's attention. And it gave users a reason to walk and catch Pokémon. This game uses augmented reality based on the location and moves in your avatar.
This game also uses the camera of the smartphone to see the real scene and shows the enlarged images of Pokemon that can be captured by the users. According to a Twitter user, "Pokemon Go is already more popular than Tinder, another application where you find monsters in your area."
Augmented Reality has many advantages such as:
- Cost savings
- Increased user participation
- Improved loyalty of the brand
- Increase in sales
- Content enrichment
- Improved notoriety
With all these advantages, Augmented Reality is the future . It is already growing on a large scale, but with the advance of technology, RA technology is also improving. Field in which AR Technology