According to Telegraph News women generally live longer than men. Life expectancy for women at birth is 82.9 years and for men it is 79.2 years. It may not seem like a big gap, but living three extra years is a big difference. That said, it's time for men to take a course of action. I will give you ways in which men can live longer.
The main reason why women tend to survive men is genetics according to Medical Daily . They claim that women have two X chromosomes that provide a backup if a mutation occurs; It seems that someone was looking for female sex. Unfortunately, men are only blessed with one X chromosome for all their genes.
The good news is that lifestyle choices also play an essential role for men who want to live a longer life. Below you will find the eight best ways in which men can increase their life expectancy.
1. Sexual intercourse: For men, this is one of the lifestyle choices they probably expected to end up on this list. According to a study in BMJ sexual relations have the ability to reduce a man's death rate by 50%. It was a cohort study that consisted of a 10-year follow-up. In the study, 918 men who were between 45 and 59 years old participated. The results of the study found that the risk of mortality was 50% lower in the group that had high orgasmic frequencies than the group with lower orgasmic frequencies. The researchers believe that one of the reasons why the mortality rate was lower in the orgasmic group was due to the release of serotonin during sexual intercourse. Serotonin is a happy hormone that makes a man feel better in general.
2. Marriage: I know what you're thinking, how can marriage, which is associated with hard work and stress, make a man live longer? Well, to begin with, it depends on how old you are. According to Harvard Medical School a survey of more than 127,000 Americans was conducted and it was found that men who married after age 25 were more likely to live longer lives than men who married young. The survey also indicated that men who had health problems actually married younger compared to men who were healthy and married later.
3. Having children: Becoming a father is a blessing, but it also requires dedication and hard work. Having children can also help a man live longer, according to a study published in Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health . The study found that when parents reached the age of 60, men with children saw that their life expectancy increased by two years, while women increased by 1.5 years. Researchers believe that one of the reasons why men with children live longer is because men without children generally have a lower education.
4. Responsibility: Being responsible will not only keep you away from problems, but it can also work wonders with respect to your cognitive function, which can help your longevity. According to a study published in Journal of Personality and Social Psychology older people who were provided with a care facility experienced an increase in alertness, general function and socialization.
5. Reduces blood pressure: According to the Illinois Department of Public Health the leading causes of death in men are heart disease, cancer and stroke. What contributes to them is high blood pressure. The good news is that there is evidence to suggest that some change can help with your blood pressure. A study published in Journal of Human Hypertension found that those who replaced eight percent of their daily calories from cereals, bread dough or potatoes with lean red meat saw a four-point drop in their systolic blood pressure in just eight weeks.
6. Have Some Wine: Statistics already show that drinking a glass of wine is good for the heart. But now there are investigations that indicate what wine can do in terms of life expectancy. According to a study from the Netherlands mentioned by WebMD the life expectancy of men who drank wine was more than two years greater than that of those who drank other alcoholic substances. One of the reasons why this may have happened is because people who drink beer tend to have a lower socioeconomic status than those who drink an expensive bottle of wine, says Lawrence Greenblatt, associate clinical professor of medicine at the Medical Center. Duke University. 19659005] 7. Quit Smoking: Quitting smoking is one of the hardest habits to shake the world, if not the hardest. For some men, they need a reason to stop smoking. Here is a good reason; If you are a smoker and you manage to quit smoking at the age of 40, you will reduce the risk of dying from tobacco-related diseases by 90%, says Centers for Disease Control and Prevention . So, if you are a man who smokes and you want to reduce the risk of dying, resign now.
8. Regular Exercise: According to Harvard Medical School regular exercise is one of the best ways to improve your life. They explain that regular exercise can raise your healthy cholesterol levels, reduce bad cholesterol, sharpen your cognitive abilities, regulate blood pressure and blood sugar levels, and even reduce the risk of certain cancers.
If you enjoyed this story,
Disclaimer: Providr does not provide medical advice,