When we attend weddings we hope to see two people celebrate their mutual love. But we have to admit that there are many wedding trends that are starting to become obsolete. You may be seeing the couple carrying a cake on their faces or having to buy their own drinks at the bar.
No matter what these wedding trends are, we are fed up with them!
Below is a list of 24 overvalued wedding trends that must be withdrawn.
1. The Cash Bar: For those invited to a wedding, there is one thing they look forward to eagerly compared to everything else, that is a free bar. When the guests arrive and discover that it is actually a cash bar, they are very disappointed. This overvalues a wedding trend that really needs to be retired.
2. The Sweetheart Table: This table provides uncomfortable experiences everywhere. The couple is sitting there looking at all their guests looking at them directly. In addition, anyone who is at that main table will be forced to exhibit as well. That is why this is an overvalued wedding trend that needs to be retired.
3. The Caked Face: This is a wedding trend that has been exaggerated for many decades. The guests are no longer surprised when the couple cuts their cake and puts it in the face of newlyweds. But do you know what would be surprising? If they did not do it That's why this overrated wedding trend needs to be removed.
4. Gimmick wedding themes: This is a trend that is beginning to become popular, but needs to be stopped. We understand that the couple is obsessed with whatever they are celebrating their wedding. But the truth is that many of the guests will find it annoying to dress according to the topic chosen by the couple. It is best to let this recent trend to the overrated wedding retreat.
5. Cash Gift Application: We all know that gifts must be purchased for the couple when they attend the wedding. But the overestimated wedding trend that needs to be removed is the couple requesting cash. It's a little insulting to the guests. Think about it, it implies that it will not be good to choose the gift you want.
6. Lady Brummas Bum Photos: Not all weddings include one of these strange photos, but some do. We all know that brides love their friends and think they are the best, but that does not mean that everyone wants to see their bums in the photos. The next time you take a group photo of a maid of honor, try to take it only from their faces.
7. Wearing Crocs: This goes for the couple and the wedding guests. Remember that a wedding is a formal event that requires people, so dress up. Wearing Crocs for a wedding is definitely an overestimated wedding trend that must be stopped immediately. Wear a pair of beautiful shoes out of respect for the couple and the sanctity of the marriage.
8. Dollar Bride Dance: This is a wedding trend that is humiliating and outdated. Paying the bride a dollar to dance with her at her wedding is simply strange. She has just married someone and giving her money to dance is insulting. This wedding trend needs to be removed, especially in this day and age.
9. Shower Invite, No Wedding Invite: Weddings have become really expensive over the years. This means that couples only invite a few to the wedding and more to shower or reception. Although this is smart for the couple, it results in their guests feeling undervalued. This is a wedding trend that should be removed … weddings should also stop being so expensive.
10. Bride Cakes: There is a trend that may not be very popular, but people do. They make a cake that is shaped and looks identical to the bride's. This creates an uncomfortable experience when someone gets a slice of the pie, and ends up being the eye of the bride. It is better to omit this wedding trend in the future.
11. Updating your status: Since the era of social networks, it has been difficult for people to get away from their phones. This is a problem at weddings too. When it comes to people who use their phone at the wedding to update their status, just do not do it. Enjoy the celebration of your wedding or that of your friends. Live in the moment.
12. Headpieces: There has been a recent trend for the bride to wear extravagant headdresses. These helmets end up hiding the beauty of the bride and create a distracting wedding experience. Wearing a veil or tiara is fine, but do not cover your entire face. The headdresses are overrated by the wedding trends that should be removed.
13. Give Away The Bride: This is an overrated wedding trend that needs to retire because it is very old. What we mean by giving is for the father for the husband. Society has changed a lot over the years, fortunately, and now the bride can choose who accompanies her down the aisle.
14. Bouquet Toss: The whole launch of the bouquet to all the single women at the wedding is very outdated. It is also very uncomfortable because it distinguishes all single women at the wedding. For those of you who are getting married or thinking about your wedding, consider saving the bouquet for yourself.
15. Super Revealing Wedding Dresses: There are some brides who really want to wear that body they worked hard for on their wedding day. But some guests may find these super-revealing wedding dresses uncomfortable because they consider weddings a sanction of commitment and love. In addition, we all know that the bride is beautiful, all women are beautiful, without needing to be almost naked on her special day. Save that for the honeymoon.
16. The Chicken Dance: Although we believe that this trend of chicken dances wedding is hilarious, it is actually outdated. There are other ways to break the uncomfortable tension in the air at wedding receptions and then have everyone do the chicken dance. Believe us, most of the guests do not want to get up to dance in the first place. Not to mention feeling ashamed.
17. Photo Booths: Photo Booths are a waste of money for the couple and are barely used by the guests. And when they use the photo booths they end up spending so much time that the other guests do not bother waiting for more. That's why photo booths are an overestimated wedding trend that should be removed.
18. Signs: It is not necessary that there are many signs at weddings. Unless those signs are to distinguish what is in the food that is in the reception, it does not make sense. And it makes your guests feel stupid. Let them find out where the bathroom is, even if they have to ask someone. If you need to ask someone, maybe that person will make a new friend. Win, win.
19. Party Favors: Guests who are given these party favors usually lose them right after, or forget what they were giving. In the end, these party favors end up being a waste of money. That is why the favors of the party are a wedding trend that must be withdrawn. Instead of these favors, spend more money on the bar for your guests.
20. Naked Cakes: Now there are a lot of weddings that incorporate naked cakes. That means that the cake does not have ice. Couples may decide to do this because of the allergies that many people tend to have today. But the truth is that you can still use certain gluten-free icings. This means that everyone will love the cake.
21. Sparkler Send Offs: Some couples want to be sent to their honeymoon to be lit. The truth is that this whole process costs a lot of money and a lot of trouble for the place. Many problems can arise when these flares are activated, and often couples do not visualize them in the way they come out and get angry about it.
22. Mason Jars: When couples plan an outdoor wedding, most of the time they ask for mason jars. These jars can have candles in them and be used also for other options. But they make your wedding look rustic. Although there are some who do not care about this, sometimes looking back at the photos looks different than you thought it was in person. Making mason jars an overestimated wedding trend.
23. Toasted bread toast: When someone gets married, they do not want to be smashed by their friends immediately afterwards. However, this is what happens in many weddings. Instead of standing up and telling embarrassing stories about the bride and groom, why not say nice things? Roasts should stop being a nuptial trend.
24. Long Gloves: Although these long gloves used to be considered beautiful in the day. He made the bride look like royalty, but now it seems he's hiding his beauty from the world. These gloves also have an uncomfortable appearance. It is best to get a wedding dress with built-in sleeves instead of adding a pair of gloves on your arms.
Click NEXT SEND to read more stories like this and do not forget SHARE with your Facebook friends.