Zidane looks for the knockout over Bayern – Champions League in numbers Opta
Bayern Munich fight against history in their attempt to break Real Madrid's dominance over the Champions League, according to Opta data .
Zinedine Zidane's imposing Champions League record will be at stake when Real Madrid host Bayern Munich in the second leg match the semifinals on Tuesday. 19659021] The Frenchman won the competition in each of his first two seasons in charge and will protect a valuable 2-1 advantage after a clinical exhibition in Munich a week ago.
His counterpart Jupp Heynckes, however, has seen vulnerabilities in the club that led to European glory in 1998, taking the belief in the tremendous fear caused by Juventus in the quarterfinals.
The Bundesliga champions are in top form at national level and have the desire to send their outgoing coach to a winner, but they will have to overcome the weight of the story if a final place is theirs.
Here, we examine the best data of Opta before a tempting Encounter at the Santiago Bernabéu.
"In football, determination can move mountains."
– FC Bayern English (@FCBayernEN) April 30, 2018
Real Madrid v Bayern Munich
– No team has reversed the first leg defeat at home 2-1 in the Champions League in seven previous events.
– Bayern lost their last six games against Madrid (all in the knockout stages of the Champions) League), the longest loss defeat against an opponent in the European competition. His last away win against Los Blancos was in May 2001, in the semifinals of the Champions League (1-0, with Giovane Elber as scorer).
– With Zidane, Real Madrid have never been knocked out in the Champions League, progressing in their eight two-leg leagues and winning the final two in which they have appeared. They have also won seven of their eight home elimination games (L1).
– Bayern have not been able to keep a clean sheet in their last 13 away games from the Champions League, their longest career in the competition (the last sequence between April 1999 and December 2000).
– Cristiano Ronaldo has scored nine goals against Bayern in the Champions League – the only player who has scored the most goals against a single opponent in the competition is Ronaldo himself, scoring 10 against Juventus.
– UEFA Champions League (@ChampionsLeague) April 29, 2018
– In the first leg, Ronaldo failed to score (or record a single shot at the goal) in a Champions League game for the first time this season. However, he has scored 54 goals in 48 games at the Bernabéu, including 13 in his last seven outings.
– Marco Asensio's last three goals in the Champions League have been as a substitute, with all of them in knockout matches, two against Bayern (in the quarterfinals of last season and in the second leg of the semi-final of this season) and one against Juve in the decisive game of 2017.
– Robert Lewandowski has not managed to score in his last four Champions League games, his longest drought with Bayern. The Polish international has never failed to find the net in five consecutive starts in the competition.